BBQ Eggs Benedict Waffles
For Hollandaise Sauce
- 125g butter or butter substitute
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- pinch salt
- splash ice cold water
- lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Lion Maple & Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 1.2 ltr milk
- 1kg plain flour
- 80g caster sugar
- 8 eggs
- 100g butter or butter substitute
- 8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- To make waffles mix the milk and eggs together, then combine the rest of the ingredients until the batter is smooth. Leave it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Brush the hot waffle maker cooking surfaces with butter and add the batter
- Melt butter in saucepan
- Put 2 egg yolks, 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and a splash of ice-cold water in a metal or glass bowl that will fit over a small pan.
- Whisk for a few minutes then put the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and whisk continuously until pale and thick, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the warm butter and Lion Maple & Bourbon BBQ Sauce, bit by bit until it’s all incorporated and you have a creamy hollandaise. (If it gets too thick, add a splash of water.)
- Fry or poach your eggs ready to top your waffles