BBQ Pulled Jackfruit
- 400g tinned young (not ripe) jackfruit in salted water
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or Whirl butter substitute
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- Lion Maple and Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Serves 4
- Wash the jackfruit in water to remove the salt. Fry the onion and garlic in the oil or Whirl for two minutes, add the jackfruit and cook for 10 further minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add enough Lion Maple and Bourbon BBQ Sauce to cover all the ingredients, add 100ml of water and cook on the hob or in the oven for about an hour, stirring occasionally until the sauce is thick and sticky.
- Tear the jackfruit pieces apart with a fork and serve in brioche buns, wraps, flatbreads, tacos or baguettes, topped with salad, melted cheese and coleslaw.