CHERMOULA CHICKEN TAGINE
- Chicken thigh cutlet, skin on, excess fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Prep Premium Sunflower Oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Lion Chermoula Paste
- Steamed couscous, to serve
- Add the chicken to the chermoula and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Heat oil in a flameproof tagine over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add tomato and stock.
- Bring to a simmer. Add chicken, skin-side up, and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Uncover and cook for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve with couscous.