Halloumi and Squash Skewers
- 1 medium butternut squash deseeded, peeled and cut into cubes
- 250g halloumi cut into cubes
- 6tbsp Lion Louisiana BBQ Sauce
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the squash and cook for 10-15 mins or until slightly tender. Drain and set aside
- Cut halloumi into cubes
- In a large bowl, toss together the squash, halloumi and Lion Louisiana BBQ Sauce. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hr. Once marinated, alternately thread the squash and halloumi onto the skewers. Drizzle with a little of the remaining sauce
- If barbecuing, put the skewers directly on the BBQ and cook for 3-4 mins on each side or until lightly charred, brushing with more sauce as they cook. Alternatively, heat a griddle pan until really hot and cook the skewers for 5 mins on either side. Serve immediately.