Hot Chilli Con Carne
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon Lion Very Hot Chilli Sauce
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 x 400 g tin of red kidney beans
- 2 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500 g quality minced beef
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- 400 g basmati rice
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan, add the chopped veg, Lion Sauce, cumin, cinnamon and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then cook for 7 minutes, or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Drain and add the kidney beans, tip in the tomatoes, then pour in 1 tin's worth of water. Add the minced beef, breaking any larger chunks.
- Pick the coriander leaves and put aside
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer with a lid slightly ajar for 1 hour, or until slightly thickened and reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Serve up with fluffy rice and sprinkle over the reserved coriander