Louisiana Mac N Cheese
- 700ml full-fat milk
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 350g macaroni
- 50g butter plus a little extra for greasing
- 3 tbsp Lion Louisiana BBQ Sauce
- 50g plain flour
- 175g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g parmesan grated
- Prepare the pasta: In a small pan, warm the milk and onion until almost boiling. Remove from the heat, leave covered to infuse for 10 mins, then strain. Cook the macaroni according to pack instructions until just soft, but still with a little bite. Drain in a colander, then run under the tap and stir to stop the pasta sticking together.
- Heat oven to 190C
- To make roux, melt the butter in a pan. Once butter is foaming, add the flour, then cook, stirring constantly, for 1 min on a low heat.
- Finish the sauce: Slowly stir the warm infused milk into the roux until smooth. Simmer for 3-4 mins, stirring often, until the sauce has thickened
- Remove the pan from the heat, then add the cheddar and Lion Louisiana BBQ Sauce, stir until the cheese has melted.
- Assemble and bake: Mix the cheesesauce through the macaroni to coat it well, then tip into the prepared dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top, then bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown and bubbling. Serve piping hot.