Mini Pulled Pork Empanadas
For the filling
- Cooked pulled pork 75g
- 3 tbsp Lion Maple & Bourbon BBQ Sauce
For the empanada dough
- 150g butter or butter substitute
- 300g plain flour
- large pinch salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- To make the pastry. Melt the butter and leave it to cool slightly. Put the flour in a large bowl and mix in the salt. Pour in the butter and egg. Start mixing, adding 3-5 tablespoons of water as you go, until you have a soft dough. Turn this out onto a clean work surface and knead it gently for a couple of minutes, or until smooth. Return the dough to its bowl, cover and set aside to rest
- For the filling mix together the cooked pulled pork and Lion Maple & Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Turn the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Lightly flour the work surface and roll out the dough to a thickness of 3-4mm. Use a 12cm/4½in cutter or a small bowl to cut out 10 discs.
- Divide the filling between the discs. Dampen the edges of the dough with water then fold over one half of each disc to make a semi-circular parcel. Press the edges together firmly then crimp or press the edges with a fork.
- Put the empanadas on the baking tray and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden-brown. Eat them warm, on their own or with a more Lion Maple & Bourbon BBQ Sauce