Batter Dipped Deep Fried Cauliflower
1 Head cauliflower, washed and broken into bite-size flowerets
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 cups flour
2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
1 dash cayenne pepper (use more if you like spicy stuff)
1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Prep Oil for frying
- Preheat fryer oil to 375.
- Place the beaten eggs, milk and salt in a shallow bowl (or a large baggie).
- In a seperate shallow bowl, mix together flour, cheese, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, and pepper.
- Place flowerets into egg mixture and toss to coat well.
- Remove and plce into flour mixture and toss to coat well.
- Fry in batches for 4 - 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and lightly salt.
- Serve with dipping sauces such as marinara, ranch or blue cheese.