Deep Fried Panzerotti
1lb pizza dough
1(13 ounce) can tomato sauce
1⁄4 cup water
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1⁄2cups mozzarella cheese
- In sauce pan combine tomato sauce, water, lemon juice and spices bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering divide your dough into three parts then roll out each one making sure not to roll them out to thin.
- Allow the dough to rest.
- When sauce is ready add desired amount to middle of the pizza dough making sure to leave room around edge for folding.
- Top with cheese and pepperoni.
- Fold over and seal edges.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer
- Add panzerotti to heated oil cooking for 5 minutes then turn over and cook for another five.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel.
- Let cool for a couple minutes before serving (leftover sauce can be used for dipping sauce).