- 1kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and halved
- 25ml Whirl Butter Substitute
- splash of milk
- 25g flour
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 400ml milk
- 1 x pack fish pie mix (cod, salmon, smoked haddock etc, weight around 320g-400g depending on pack size)
- ½ a 25g pack or a small bunch chives, finely snipped
- handful grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Bring potatoes to the boil and then simmer until tender. When cooked, drain thoroughly and mash with a splash of milk and Whirl. Season with ground black pepper.
- Put the Whirl, flour and spring onions in another pan and heat gently until the butter has melted, stirring regularly. Cook for 1 -2 mins. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring to avoid any lumps and sticking at the bottom of the pan. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes until thickened.
- Take off the heat and stir in the cheese, fish and chives. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Spoon the potato on top and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cook for 20 - 25 mins or until golden and bubbling at the edges.