- 40g Whirl Butter Substitute
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 8 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 125g/4½oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Heat a frying pan until medium hot, add the Whirl, onions and sage and fry gently for five minutes until softened.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl with the softened onions and mix to combine. Add the egg and season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix well then form into golf-ball sized balls and place on a roasting tray. (If making in advance, the stuffing can be frozen at this stage.)
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until crisp.