- 400g plain flour
- 170g Whirl
- 100g caster sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas mark 4.
2. Rub the Whirl, sugar, egg yolks and flour together until it binds into a soft dough.
3. Add a little water if needed.
4. Place pastry into a bowl, cover with cling film and chill for one hour in the fridge.
5. Roll out onto a floured surface until approx. 3mm thick.
6. Place over the dish and press with finger tips into place, trimming any excess edges.
7. Blind bake for approx 10 – 20 minutes until golden and set