- 30g Whirl
- 200g self raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g caster sugar
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla essence.
3. Slowly add the egg mixture to the flour mixture.
4. Whisk to a smooth paste and then add the Whirl and whisk again.
5. Get your frying pan or griddle pan very hot and add a little Whirl to the surface.
6. Spoon ladles of the mixture onto the hot surface.
7. Cook until light brown on one side, turn with a pallet knife (if you wish to add fruit add before turning).
8. When cooked on both sides remove from the pan.
9. Serve with any berry sauce, maple syrup, cream & jam, lemon & ricotta cheese or honey & almond butter.