Baked Rice Pudding
- 2.5L Milk
- 50g Whirl
- 3g nutmeg or cinnamon
- 300g easy-cook short rice
- 0.1l double cream
- 200g granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C/Gas mark 3.
- Pour the milk into a large sauce pan and stir on a gentle heat.
- Add the Whirl and nutmeg or cinnamon.
- When the mixture begins to simmer add the rice and keep stirring.
- Cook the rice in the mixture for approx. 45 minutes until the rice is slightly undercooked.
- Stir in the sugar and cream and then cook in oven for 15 – 20 minutes.