Blue Cheese Sauce
- 110g Whirl
- 145g plain flour
- 30g English mustard
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 5g cooking salt
- 0.5g black pepper
- 380g grated cheese (Dolcelatte 1⁄4s or Blue Stilton)
1. Mix the Whirl and flour in a saucepan over a mild heat until the flour is a light colour and not sticking to the edges of the saucepan.
2. Take the saucepan off the heat.
3. Gradually stir the milk into the flour until it reaches a smooth consistency (depending on how thick you want your sauce you may not require all the milk).
4. Add the grated cheese and mustard and whisk well.
5. Season and stir on a mild heat for a minute so all ingredients combine.