Bread & Butter Pudding
- 70g Whirl
- 10 eggs
- 1.6l milk
- 300g dried sultanas
- 0.75g mixed spices
- 80g granulated sugar
- 470g white bread
- 3 tsp demerara sugar
- 150g fresh blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas mark 4.
2. Brush the Whirl over both sides of each slice of bread.
3. Mix the sultanas, sugar and spices together.
4. Whisk together water, milk and eggs.
5. Cut the bread into triangle quarters and layer the bottom of your dish.
6. Sprinkle the bread layer with the sultana mixture, place another layer of bread over top and repeat until all bread and sultana mixture is used up.
7. Dot the blackberries between the layers of bread, squeezing them slightly to release the juice.
8. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the bread.
9. Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the pudding.
10. Cook for 35-40 minutes.