Broccoli and Stilton Pasta
- 200g penne pasta
- 250g broccoli florets
- 110ml Whirl Butter Substitute
- 100g Plain flour
- 200ml Milk
- 300g blue cheese, such as dolcelatte
- Create the blue cheese sauce by mixing the Whirl and flour in a saucepan over a mild heat until the flour is a light colour and not sticking to the edges of the saucepan.
- Remove off the heat and gradually stir the milk into the flour mixture until it reaches a smooth consistency and to your required thickness
- Add the three quarters of the cheese and whisk well
- Cook penne; 4 mins before the end of cooking, throw in broccoli florets. Meanwhile, heat olive oil, add a handful chopped walnuts and fry gently for 1 min.
- Drain the pasta then return to the pan, mix with blue cheese sauce. Gently stir on the heat, and add remaining blue cheese so it’s just melted.