Lavender loaf cake
For the cake
- 250g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g caster sugar
- 1½ tbsp edible lavender
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 200g plain, full-fat yoghurt
- 100g Whirl
For the topping
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp edible lavender
- Heat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a 1kg/2lb 4oz loaf tin (around 10x20cm/4x8in base measurement) with baking parchment.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, raising agents, sugar and lavender.
- In a jug, beat the eggs with the yoghurt and Whirl. Pour this onto the dry ingredients and, using a spatula, stir until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and sprinkle over the granulated sugar and then the lavender.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before slicing.
- Garnish with a sprig of lavendar