Lemon Drizzle Cake
For the cake
- 230g Whirl
- 330g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lemon
- 330g self raising flour
- 110ml semi-skimmed milk
- 60g icing sugar
For the topping
- 140g Whirl
- 140g icing sugar
1. Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a bowl.
2. Combine the lemon juice and half the icing sugar into a small saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Once the cake is cool pierce it with a skewer.
4. Pour over half the lemon and sugar syrup.
5. With the other half of the mixture, add all the Whirl and other half of icing sugar to make the butter cream to put in between the cakes.
1. Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C/Gas mark 3.
2. Grease and line your cake tins.
3. Cream the Whirl and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in the eggs and add the zest of the lemon
5. Fold in the flour and salt.
6. Stir in the milk.
7. Divide the cake mixture between the cake tins.
8. Cook for approx 1 hour 20 minutes.