Mini Brioche Baby sliders with Lion caramelized red onion chutney, rocket and Roquefort
For the brioche
250g Plain Flour
20g Dry Active/Instant Yeast
100g Original Whirl
Egg Yolk (to glaze)
- In a food mixer combine flour and whirl and mix till like breadcrumbs.
- Using either a food processor or by hand, knead the plain flour and butter together to create a thick dough.
- Stir in the salt, sugar and yeast to the mixture. Next, add the 3 eggs and knead for 2 minutes until the dough is soft.
- Roll 12 golf ball size balls and place on a greased tray. Leave to rise for 30 hours in a warm environment until it has doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200⁰C.
- Beat the egg yolk in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, glaze the dough before putting into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- For the mini sliders, buy a dozen uncooked meatballs and squash flat into a mini burger shape. Pan fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- To build the sliders, slice the mini brioche, add 1 teaspoon of Lion Caramelised Red Onion Chutney. Add a few leaves of rocket. Add a small slice of Roquefort to each mini burger then place on to base. Secure the lid with a cocktail stick.