Pesto Meatball Panini
6 Slices Italian Sourdough Bread
1/2 Cup Pesto
1 Jar Marinara Sauce
1 Teaspoon Fresh Basil chopped
1 Clove of garlic minced
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
1 Bag Johnsonville Meatballs
12 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
For the Pesto Butter
3 tbsp Whirl
1/4 Cup Pesto
- In a deep skillet, over medium heat, add the marinara, fresh basil, garlic and parmesan cheese.
- Add the meatballs and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and place a lid on top.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat a panini grill or regular pan to medium high.
- Spread pesto on the top and bottom layers of bread.
- Slice the meatballs in half so they don't roll out of the sandwich.
- Place mozzarella cheese on the two slices of pesto bread.
- Spoon about 6 meatballs halves and sauce onto the bottom piece of bread and close the lid, pesto side down.
- Spread the top and bottom of the sandwich with pesto butter and grill until golden.
For the butter
- Mix the pesto and Whirl until smooth.