- 1.1kg Fresh Rhubarb
- 500g Plain Flour
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 4g Ground Cinnamon
- 140g Whirl
- 1 Lemon
- Wash the rhubarb. Remove the top and heel of each stick and cut into 30mm Pieces.
- Coat the insides of ten x 250g pie dishes with Whirl.
- Place the Rhubarb into the pie dishes in even layers.
- Grate the zest of the lemon
- Mix the 200g of sugar with the cinnamon and the lemon zest and sprinkle over the rhubarb.
- Add the flour, the 100g of sugar and the Whirl to a food processor and mix into a free crumb.
- Cover the rhubarb with an even layer of crumb.
- Bake at 180°C – 350°F for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.