- 100g Whirl
- 330g Plain Flour
- 5g Salt
- 12g Cumin Powder
- 150ml Milk
- 120g Onion
- 100g Cauliflower
- 80g Carrots
- 50g Peas
- 25g Whirl
- 40g Sultanas
- 50g Tomato Puree
- 50g Curry Paste
- 40g Desiccated Coconut
- 15g Garlic
- Warm the milk. Add the milk very slowly to the Whirl in a mixing machine or food processor.
- Mix the flour together with the cumin powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the Whirl and process into a smooth paste. Rest for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Peel and finely dice the onions and carrots.
- Crush or chop the garlic.
- Heat up the Whirl in a solid base saucepan.
- Divide the cauliflower into small florets.
- Cook all in Whirl for 2 minutes. Add the paste, puree and stock.
- Add frozen peas, coconut and sultanas.
- Cook for 5 minutes on low heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before use.
Preparation of Samosa
- Mould paste into even size balls.
- Using flour and rolling pin, roll each ball in 3mm thick circle.
- Cut in half with a sharp knife.
- Placing two halves on the board, brush lightly with cold water.
- Spread the filling onto a tray.
- Mark out the number of portions.
- Using a tea spoon place a portion towards the bottom centre of the crescent to the bottom left outside edge, seal the edge and the point of the formed triangle.